Do you want to get a bartender’s vibe at home? It is possible and the result is satisfaction and a superb drink: the Hemlock cocktail. It is a famous drink in the United States and its popularity is also spreading all across the globe.
Hemlock cocktail is a relatively strong drink packed with the bittersweet flavour of bitters and the freshness of oranges. Served with ice cubes in it, this chilled and bittersweet drink sways away the taste buds and makes you wide open your eyes at least once.
If you are bored and home and feeling lazy to go to a bar, but still want a cocktail, try this drink at home and you will never regret it.
How to Make a Hemlock Cocktail Recipe?
Just a few simple mixes and this amazing drink is ready. In the rock glasses, add bitters, orange peels, sugar cubes, and split vanilla beans. Mix them and then add your preferred liquor. Add ice cubes to chill the hemlock drink and garnish with fresh slices of orange. Hemlock drink is ready. It only takes 5 minutes to make this drink.
Ingredients for Hemlock Cocktail Recipe
The drink is very good but the ingredients are very simple and few. So do not worry about buying a long list of ingredients. You need the following ingredients to make Hemlock Cocktails Recipe:
- Bourbon = 4 oz (½ cup)
- Sugar cubes = 2
- Orange peels = 2 pieces
- Bitters = 4 dashes
- Vanilla beans = 2, split in half
- Orange slices for garnishing = 2
Instructions for Making Hemlock Cocktail Recipe
There is not a single step in this guide that needs any extra attention and technical skills. Follow this easy procedure to make Hemlock Cocktails Recipe:
Line two rock glasses. Add bitters, orange peels, sugar cubes, and vanilla beans. Mix them.
Then add bourbon to both glasses. For chilling, add some ice cubes.
Garnish with orange peels. Hemlock drink is ready. Serve!
Recipe Tips and Variations
Here are some tips for your convenience:
- You can make your hemlock cocktail more fruity by using orange juice and blue raspberry juice.
- Lighten the drink with some 7 up.
- For convenience, add the ice cubes before adding the base liquor such as whiskey, tequila, vodka, white rum, etc. Otherwise, it will cause splashes of the drink or will need care while adding ice cubes to the glass full of the drink.
Amount Per Serving Total calories = 186 calories
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated fat: 0g
Unsaturated fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
How to measure a dash?
A dash is 10 single drops of a liquid. Or it can also be measured in teaspoons. A single dash makes ⅛ of the teaspoon. Dash and pinch are similar things used for liquid and solid respectively.
Is a Hemlock cocktail a strong drink?
Yes, it is a relatively strong drink owing to the dashes of bitters and bourbon.
What other beverages can I use for making Hemlock cocktails?
You can use tequila, vodka, or gin as liquors in the hemlock cocktail.
A perfect option for a friend’s night or a weekend night, the hemlock drink promises you a fantastic flavour with simple ingredients and easy steps to make. It can be made in a time as short as 5 minutes. With all these plus points of an amazing drink, what is stopping you from trying it? Go ahead and make the hemlock cocktail and you will never regret it.
More Amazing Recipes
- Lavender Lemonade Cocktail Recipe
- Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Recipe
- Creamy Orange Adrenal Cocktail Recipe
- Traditional Cuban Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Hemlock Cocktail Recipe
- 4 oz Bourbon (½ cup)
- 2 Sugar cubes
- 2 pieces Orange peels
- 4 dashes Bitters
- 2 Vanilla beans (split in half)
- 2 Orange slices for garnishing
- Line two rock glasses. Add bitters, orange peels, sugar cubes, and vanilla beans. Mix them.
- Then add bourbon to both glasses. For chilling, add some ice cubes.
- Garnish with orange peels. Hemlock drink is ready. Serve!